Overview of DiscoverSimô Menu and Dialogs
Optimization Inputs: Constraint
- Constraint Number is provided for reference purposes only.
- Constraint Name is the cell address by default. Enter a name to describe the constraint.
- Constraint cell color can be modified by clicking on Cell Address (default colors can be changed in Help > DiscoverSim Options).
- Each constraint will contain a function of Input Controls (cell address or name) on the Left Hand Side (LHS), and a constant on the Right Hand Side (RHS). Constraints can be simple linear or complex nonlinear. Specify the constraint formula in the LHS. .
- A constraint can only be applied to an Input Control and cannot reference an Input Distribution or Output Response.
- A constraint cannot be a part of the model equation (i.e., an output cannot reference a constraint).
- Optimization will usually occur more rapidly if the initial values of the parameters and/or controls satisfy the constraint. In addition, optimization is much harder with equality constraints than with inequality constraints.
- The Penalty function is used for Global Optimization. If the constraint is violated, the penalty should be increased. The default penalty function is 100.
Our CTO and Co-Founder, John Noguera, regularly hosts free Web Demos featuring SigmaXL and DiscoverSim
Click here to view some now!
Ph: 1.888.SigmaXL (744.6295)