How Do I Create a Basic Histogram in Excel Using SigmaXL?
Single (Basic) Histogram
- Click Sheet 1 Tab of Customer Data.xls (or press F4 to activate last worksheet).
- Click SigmaXL > Graphical Tools > Basic Histogram.
- Ensure that entire data table is selected. If not, check Use Entire Data Table. Click Next.
- Select Overall Satisfaction, click Numeric Data Variable (Y) >> as shown:
- Click Next. Ensure that Normal Curve is checked. Set Start Point = 1. Change the Bin Width to 0.5, and the Number of Bins to 8. Click Update Chart to view the histogram. (If the survey satisfaction data was pure integer format we would have checked the Integer Data option).
- Click Finish. A histogram of Overall Customer Satisfaction is produced.
- Note that bin one is 1 to < 1.5, bin 2 is 1.5 to < 2, etc.
Our CTO and Co-Founder, John Noguera, regularly hosts free Web Demos featuring SigmaXL and DiscoverSim
Click here to view some now!
Ph: 1.888.SigmaXL (744.6295)