How Do I Perform a Johnson Transformation in Excel Using SigmaXL?
Johnson TransformationThis is a standalone tool that allows you to visually see how the Johnson transformation selects a rounded or optimal lambda value.
- Open the file Nonnormal Cycle Time2.xls. Select Sheet 1 Tab.
- Click SigmaXL > Process Capability > Nonnormal > Capability Combination Report (Individuals Nonnormal). Ensure that the entire data table is selected. If not, check Use Entire Data Table. Click Next.
- Select Cycle Time (Minutes), click
Numeric Data Variable (Y) >>. Under
Transformation/Distribution Options, select
Johnson Transformation. You must select an Upper Spec
Limit. In this example, we have entered a USL
- Click OK. The resulting report is shown:
- The AD Normality P-Value Transformed Data value of 0.5990 tells us the Johnson transformation to normality was successful.
Our CTO and Co-Founder, John Noguera, regularly hosts free Web Demos featuring SigmaXL and DiscoverSim
Click here to view some now!
Ph: 1.888.SigmaXL (744.6295)