How Do I Perform a Box-Cox Transformation in Excel Using SigmaXL?
Box-Cox TransformationThis is a standalone tool that allows you to visually see how the Box-Cox transformation selects a rounded or optimal lambda value.
- Open the file Nonnormal Cycle Time2.xls. Select Sheet 1 Tab.
- Click SigmaXL > Process Capability > Nonnormal > Box-Cox Transformation (or SigmaXL > Data Manipulation > Box-Cox Transformation or SigmaXL > Control Charts > Nonnormal > Box-Cox Transformation). Ensure that the entire data table is selected. If not, check Use Entire Data Table. Click Next.
- Select Cycle Time (Minutes), click Numeric Data Variable (Y) >>. The selected variable must contain all positive values.
- Click OK. The resulting report is shown:
- The fact that Lambda=1 falls outside of the 95% confidence interval tells us that the transformation is statistically significant. The Anderson-Darling p-value of 0.4041 indicates that we cannot reject the null hypothesis that the transformed data is normal, so the Ln transformation has successfully converted the data to normality.
Our CTO and Co-Founder, John Noguera, regularly hosts free Web Demos featuring SigmaXL and DiscoverSim
Click here to view some now!
Ph: 1.888.SigmaXL (744.6295)