How Do I Create Run Charts in Excel Using SigmaXL?
- Click Sheet 1 Tab of Customer Data.xls (or press F4 to activate last worksheet). Click SigmaXL > Graphical Tools > Run Chart. Ensure that entire data table is selected. If not, check Use Entire Data Table. Click Next.
- Select Overall Satisfaction, click Numeric Data Variable (Y) >>. Select Show Mean. Uncheck Nonparametric Runs Test (to be discussed later in Part N of Analyze Phase).
- Click OK. A Run Chart of Overall Satisfaction with Mean center line is produced.
- Double click on the Y axis to activate the Format Axis dialog. Select the Scale tab, change Minimum to 1, Maximum to 5., Category X Axis Crosses at 1 (Excel 2007/2010: Select Axis, Right Click, Format Axis, Axis Options):
- Click OK.
- Are there any obvious trends? Some possible cycling, but nothing clearly stands out. It may be interesting to look more closely at a specific data point. Any data point value can be identified by simply moving the cursor over it:
- A label can be added to a data point by two single-clicks (not a double-click) on the data point, followed by a right mouse click, and select
Format Data Point. Select Data Labels tab, check
Value (Excel 2007/2010: Single Click on data point, Right Click,
Add Data Label). See also SigmaXL Chart Tools > Add Data Label in Control Phase Tools, Part B - X-Bar & Range Charts.
- Click OK. Resulting Run Chart with label attached to data point:
This label can be changed to a text comment. Single-click three
times on the label and type in a comment as shown:
Our CTO and Co-Founder, John Noguera, regularly hosts free Web Demos featuring SigmaXL and DiscoverSim
Click here to view some now!
Ph: 1.888.SigmaXL (744.6295)