Creating a Run Chart in SigmaXL
on December 18, 2015
How do I create a Run Chart with SigmaXL?
Run Charts, also known as Trend Charts and Time Series Plots, add the dimension of time to the graphical tools.
Run Charts allow us to see trends and outliers in the data.
Run Charts area precursor to Control Charts, which add calculated control limits.
Note: Run Charts should only be used on unsorted data, in its original chronological sequence.
To Create a RunChart:
1. Open Customer Data.xls and select Sheet1 (included in SigmaXL as SampleData.)
2. Click SigmaXL> Graphical Tools > Run Chart
3. Ensure that the entire data table is selected. If not, check Use Entire Data Table.Click Next.
4. Select Overall Satisfaction click Numeric Data Variable (Y) >>.
5. Select Show Mean.
6. Uncheck Nonparametric Runs Test.
7. Click OK.
A Run Chart of Overall Satisfaction with Mean center line is produced, and can be seen below.
See also: Interpreting a Run Chart with SigmaXL
|Was this helpful? Yes No Print/Save Pdf|